H-8747 Notice of Application – 1198-1212 Commissioners Road West – The Tricar Group (WARD 9)
Z-8726 Notice of Public Meeting – Meadowlark Ridge – Rembrandt Meadowlilly Inc. (WARD 14)
H-8744 Notice of Application – City Wide
Z-8728 Notice of Application – City of London (City Wide)
Notice of Application for Zoning By Law Amendment
Notice of Application for Approval of Draft Plan of Subdivision & ZBA, 39T-16509, Z-8720
H-8716 Notice of Application – 1170 Riverbend Road – Sifton Properties Limited (WARD 9)
UPDATED Notice of Application for Approval of Draft Plan of Subdivision OP & ZBA
Independent Contractor Wanted: Lead Organiser
The Urban League of London is partnering with Evergreen CityWorks, the City of London, Pillar Nonprofit Network and other community partners to bring ‘100in1Day’ to London in June of 2017. The goal is to facilitate 100 community-led projects presented on one day by many community partners and residents.
The League is seeking an outgoing, energetic, community leader to take on the role of ‘Lead Organiser’ for this initiative. You will serve as the front-line organiser and facilitator as an independent contractor. Your skills and presence will set the tone for, and ensure broad participation in the eventual ‘100in1Day’ activities. This position will require continuous communication with neighbourhood leaders, community organisations, businesses and other potential partners in the City of London.
You will be expected work independently with very little oversight. The ideal candidate will be available for daytime hours as well as various evenings and weekends, as the facilitated workshops will likely take place after hours. Please indicate your availability in your cover letter.
The ‘Lead Organiser’ will act as an ambassador for the Urban League throughout this process. This will be an exciting project for London, the Urban League and our partners. To accomplish this, we need a positive, ambitious, creative problem solver who will bring good ideas and energy to the table as we set out on the first year of ‘100in1Day London’.
Qualifications, Skills and Strengths:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- A robust, established network of related London contacts in neighbourhood, community-based and business organisations;
- Highly adaptable;
- Well developed writing, presentation and verbal communications skills;
- An ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Experience training and overseeing volunteers;
- An awareness of and interest in the various communities and neighbourhoods in the City of London, and an awareness of the key themes in the London Plan;
- Project management skills;
- Ability to work with broad stakeholders including city officials, funders, other organizations and citizens;
- Experience facilitating workshops;
- A respect for diversity and a desire to pull in groups from all walks of life in London to make this day a success.
- Recruiting and managing of volunteers;
- Planning and delivery of workshops (over 12 weeks of the contract);
- Establishing and managing partnerships;
- Communication and promotion of the initiative;
- Raising awareness of the event;
- Working with various stakeholders;
- Other related duties that may arise.
Terms and Conditions:
- This is a full-time, independent contractor position;
- You will be responsible for setting your own hours, but some evening and weekend work is expected;
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience;
- As an independent contractor position, no statutory deductions or vacation pay will be provided;
- This position runs from January 1, 2017 to June 30, 2017, with potential for some ongoing work beyond this date.
An application may consist of any of the following:
- a resume and cover page;
- a letter detailing your background, experience and network;
- an introduction and links to a detailed LinkedIn profile and other social media sites;
- a video or other presentation highlighting your ability to excel in this position.
Please submit your application by Friday December 9th at noon.
Questions and/or applications should be submitted to .
After review by a selection committee a first round of interviews will be arranged for the evening of Monday, December 12, 2016.
Reports To: The Urban League of London Board of Directors
The Urban League of London invites applications from all qualified individuals. The Urban League of London is committed to equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.